Monday 1 July 2013

A Growth Spurt... Again

Ahhh no, not another one. How can this baby possibly get any bigger?

"Yeah, Brodie's brilliant, he's no bother, he's been sleeping right through since 8 weeks", I'd say

"Silly woman, you've just jinxed yourself", says the evil shoulder fairy.

Used to blissful nights of 10 hours uninterrupted sleep, but we are now back to waking up once or twice in the middle of the night, and I'm exhausted. This is one hungry baby, not to mention heavy, as my back is breaking! Bless his little chubby face. I'll be damned if this growth spurt doesn't end soon, so used to sharing the night feeds with my now ex partner. 

I'm looking at him now as he takes his bottle and he looks somewhat drunk. One eye shut and the other eye half open. This is the start of the milk coma. The gateway to my returning slumber.

Now sleep, little one, shhhhhhh.....

Pointless 3am rumblings 


1 comment:

  1. They like to lull you into a false sense of security & just as you think you've cracked it they go and grow or get teeth or poorly or potty train...! Charlotte was a solid 12 hour a night girl and then we took away her night time pull ups and now we're woken 1-2 times a night to take her to the toilet! It is never ending!!

    ReplyDelete