Monday 10 March 2014

A Wee Bit Sketchy


I haven't put pencil to paper in years and I don't really know what desire I had to do it recently, but I did, and I was pleasantly surprised with the results!

My mum once told me a story about when I was a wee girl. She laid out a whole load of crayons and tried to get me to name the colours. She picked one and said "blue" and I said "no, that's 'light' blue". I was still quite young for even knowing what colours were, so she was amazed.

I remember drawing countless disney characters, copying them off my VHS covers. My primary 4 teacher at school, Miss Brown, used to get me to paint the freezes for her classroom walls during my lunch breaks (I had no problem with this whatsoever). It all continued on through high school, then it just went stale.

I went through a phase of drawing anime a lot. I love the facial expressions, flowing hairstyles and the magical clothing. 

So I decided to get out my box of 'art stuff' and put pencil to paper. Started off with a Disney character (Elsa from Frozen) and then I had the idea that I would try and sketch a picture of Brodie! 

After posting my pictures on my Birth club forum, suddenly I had a steady stream of mums asking to have sketches done of their baby's! Maybe one day....

Here's my stuff, hope you like (the portrait isn't finished yet, I'll get back to it one day!)


No comments:

Post a Comment