Sunday 16 March 2014

Pencil Sketch Quote Art

I love Secret Santa! Doesn't even have to be reserved for the actual 'Santa' time of year either! I've done them at Christmas, summer and now Mother's Day (and even a Secret Desires swap in April!).

So this 'Secret Santa' is the Mother's Day one and it stems from Baby Centre on the single mums forum. Some mums won't be expecting to receive any Mother's Day gifts so we thought it would be nice to do a swap so that everyone who isn't attached will still receive a nice gift. 

I got drawn (well actually, I asked the organiser very nicely if I could 'have' this person!) a lovely lady who has a little one already, but sadly experienced a late pregnancy loss recently and is going through a very tough time. I thought it would be nice to give her something personal and just for her.

So I searched online for quotes and such and came across this lovely one that was very fitting.

"A mother is not defined by the number of children you can see, but by the love she holds in her heart."

I though it was such a beautiful quote, and something that saddling rings true to me too, after losing my own little one a few months before Brodie was conceived.



So off I trotted to get a frame to put this artwork in and sat with pencil in hand an paper on lap. The writing is actually my handwriting (I've been blessed to carry almost the same handwriting down from my gran, then my mum), plus some elaborate capitals at the start. It lacked something though, so knowing that the lady liked butterflies, I sketched one in the background with some branches and cherry blossom. Finished off with some blue ribbon round the border, little rhinestones to dot the 'i's and some more on the corners, then a papercut butterfly glued into the bottom corner. And it's done!





Now I just need to find a way to package and post it without any breakages! 

No comments:

Post a Comment