Saturday 4 May 2013

My Baby Boys New Knitted Shorts

I'm absolutely addicted to cloth nappies! We started on them a few weeks ago and I love seeing his little squishy bum in them. I started off with a maxi pack of rainbow Tots Bots Bamboozle Stretchies (which are awesome by the way and the company based in my home town of Glasgow - www.totsbots.com) and then I have slowly (lie - more like quickly) been adding to my collection.

I caught wind of such a thing as a wool soaker and at first thought, what the hell is this and how would this stop leaks from getting through his cloth bum nappies? Turns out the wool evaporates liquid as fast as it absorbs it, or something like that. Anyway, I thought I'd make one of the wool soaker things.

Trying to find a 100% wool yarn that's not superwash (which I found out after I was half way through the shorts :() was pretty hard in the local area. So the wool soaker turned into just regular shorts, but they still look cute I think, plus 100% merino wool so they are lovely and soft. Wool was on deal at £3 for 50g from my local wool store.

I've now started making a blue pair, just in time for summer :)

Here's the pattern I used, I can't take full credit for its cuteness,
http://punk-knitters.livejournal.com/110889.html


No comments:

Post a Comment