Monday 13 May 2013

Newcastle Vintage Fashion & Textiles Fair

I love a vintage fair, and when I saw there was one being held in Newcastle the other day, I HAD to go!


I thought it would be a nice day out for me and the bairn and the weather was looking really promising in the morning. I loaded Brodie into the baby carrier and off we went!

The rooms were filled with lots of old dresses, fur coats (probably real - yuck!), jewellery, fabrics and craft accessories. I was in heaven! ... Then Brodie started winging and he wouldn't stop. The place was heaving and rummaging was proving a little difficult. I came across a beautiful vintage lace wedding dress, but no I didn't buy it, that's just a little creepy! 

Found a few nice pieces and went upstairs to try them on but the LO just would not settle at all, so mummy had to buy blind and get out fast. Absolutely pouring outside, made a mad dash for the car, baby in toe and headed home.

Note to self, never go to a rummage fest alone with your 10 week old child!

All was not lost though, when I tried on the dress at home it actually fit really well and will last me for years and years to come! 


Sunderland Vintage and Retro Festival next month :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment